Sunday, March 12

Esther finally meets her family!

When we were in China last September, we visited Gwen's orphanage in Shenzhen and I recognized one of the little girls because I'd been corresponding with her new Mother in the USA. This is XiaoTian (Esther). We took this picture to send back to her waiting family.

Fast-forward six months to today and click <here> to see Esther in the arms of her beautiful big sister, Sera, and her new Daddy. Mommy is home in Florida taking care of the rest of Esther's siblings including a three year old "near twin" sister who was also adopted from China.

I have to tell you that I love Esther. Gwenny and her are not close in age so they probably didn't play together at the SWI but I still feel like she's family. She's such a sweet little beauty and I've been so happy to get to know her big sister via her blog and private email over all of these months. I know you'll be unable to visit their blog without crying tears of joy for this incredibly blessed family. Esther is one of the luckiest Shenzhen girls and I just wish we all lived closer so we didn't have to restrict our visits to our blogs. Now to get her back to Florida so she can finally meet her Mommy and the rest of her family!

3 Comments:

Blogger Shana said...

How SWEET! Esther's big sister's blog had me in tears! Thanks for sharing such a beautiful story!

March 13, 2006 11:36 AM  
Blogger Sjoukje said...

Heeeeeey Donna! I've been in Beijing now for 3 weeks and I couldn't get access to any blogspot blog. Not my own, but I could see the dashboard and post anyway. But not Gwen-and-Maddy's, too, and I missed Gwen! But look, today I'm in my academy office (for the 2nd time) and.... I just discoverd that I can see blogs now. So I spent the last half hour to catch up. I'm happy about the house and I love the frogs!
Sjoukje

March 13, 2006 8:51 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

They are a lovely family! How wonderful that you were able to provide them with some extra photos!

March 14, 2006 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->