Monday, January 30

How does Gwendolyn grow?

I emailed some pictures of Gwen to Ewa (a volunteer at Gwen's old orphanage) and she shared them with the staff at the SWI. Ewa said nobody recognized Gwen! So that made me want to search through our gazillion pictures to see how she's changed from month to month. I needed to find pictures where she wasn't smiling since she looks so different when she smiles. It was hard but I found these. Then I removed the background so it would be easier to compare her facial features. I'll update this every month or so (probably less often when she's older).

Here's what we have so far:

This is the earliest picture we have of Gwen. It's the one used in her finding ad. I'm guessing that she was less than three months old here.
This was her referral picture. Based on the length of her hair (compared to when we got her), we estimate that she was about 11 or 12 months old.
This was on one of her official documents. Again, based on the length of her hair, we estimate that she was 12 or 13 months old.
This is her passport photo. We'd been her Mommy and Daddy for about a week in this picture. Age 14 1/2 months old.
29 inches tall
20 pounds
Size 12 month top
Size 12 month pants (a bit too long)
Size 4 shoe
You can see that her hair is growing. She's nearly 16 months old here.
Gwen is exactly 17 months old in this picture.

She's exactly 18 months old here. It's Christmas Day!

She's just a couple of days away from being 19 months old.
32 inches tall
24 pounds
Size 18 month top
Size 18 month pants (a bit too long)
size 5 shoe

8 Comments:

Blogger Jen R. said...

That is a neat post. I always am amazed how fast they grow.

January 30, 2006 4:03 PM  
Blogger Krista said...

She's just getting prettier and prettier. Thanks for sharing your pics.

January 30, 2006 4:25 PM  
Blogger mama d said...

This is wonderful, Donna. Gwen has changed so much, and what long hair! Great post.

January 30, 2006 5:12 PM  
Blogger Family Bits said...

16 and 17 months look like a beautiful doll that someone could get on Home Shopping Network!

Time to get that girl a haircut! Bet you never thought you'd hear that.
She is such a sweetie!

January 30, 2006 6:37 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

This is a great post. What a change! It also gives me hope that someday, Julia will have a full head of hair. ;)

January 31, 2006 10:00 AM  
Blogger Lisa and Shane said...

Donna - she is so beautiful in every photo - you and DH must be so proud of her. Kiss those lips for me!

January 31, 2006 1:39 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Donna, I love this post. It's amazing to watch the changes over time. I can't believe the differences just from month to month....now I truly see why everyone says they grow up so fast!

Since I'll be a first time Mom, I don't have first hand experience with this yet.

Donna :)

January 31, 2006 8:03 PM  
Blogger asiangard said...

In China all babys get there head shaved bald at either one or four months old!
It is supposed to make their hair thicker.
Hello, I'm Rhiannon, my hubby is chinese, we have a little daughter who is half chinese, she also has an upside down smile!!

February 14, 2006 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->