Wednesday, April 26

22 months


We took 167 pictures today. Thank goodness for digital cameras, huh! Of those, we got a dozen decent shots and I liked this one best. I think it really captures the personality of our little sprite!

Gwen is 22 months old and has been home for about 7.5 months. She's finally figuring out that verbal communication is a two way street. She produces a sound (a word) from her mouth and Mommy understands it and something good happens. We're so happy to have her pass this really important milestone but it's brought with it something quite dreadful: screaming

Mommy has zero tolerance for screaming. I think it really does actually make my blood curdle and I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to be good for you. I have to get her to stop it but the more serious I get with her about not screaming the more she thinks it's a game. So she'll let out little bursts of ear-piercing screams and then her little scream-hole will turn back into a mouth and she'll produce a beautiful smile like the one in the picture above.

Aside from that, life is good. Our new house will close escrow in a couple of weeks and so will our current house. Our son is doing well in school and has been accepted to SJSU. Hopefully our 171 will arrive any day now and our dossier will be on its way to China. Norman (the Director of our agency) called me yesterday and told me some very exciting news about Madeline's adoption. I don't want to jinx it by sharing the particulars here (and I also don't want to get my hopes up too much that it can actually happen) but it's super exciting and it's going to be hard to stop thinking about it. I almost wish he'd not even mentioned it until it was more certain.

Kat and Colin stopped by today to get some blogger advice and it's fun to imagine that the next time I see them, they'll have Sophia in tow! M3 and Gwen and I have a date with some geese tomorrow afternoon. I'll try to remember to bring the camera!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donna, that is great news (as cryptic as it is!) about Madeline!
Gwen is absolutely charming in this photo. Tough about the screaming, though! That would be difficult to take. Hopefully it's just a phase which will be short-lived.
Best of luck,
Milinda

April 26, 2006 10:15 PM  
Blogger M3 said...

Ok, now I'm dying to know what the news is!!!

April 26, 2006 10:27 PM  
Blogger Jacquie said...

My gosh, she's growing up so fast. Love the dress.

I know you don't wanna jinx it, but tell us!

April 27, 2006 3:50 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

Ahhhh the scream game...as an aunt I have always had fun with that...about to become a mom...hmmm I think maybe we'll find quiet games.

Gwen is such a sweetie, love the dress!

Monica
mk

April 27, 2006 6:37 AM  
Blogger Jen R. said...

Her dress is very cute. I hope your good news comes through.

April 27, 2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger Abby's Mom said...

Gwen is beautiful! I find it hard to believe that she could ever take a bad picture.

April 27, 2006 6:25 PM  
Blogger glo said...

Very very cute picture. How could anyone that cute have a blood curtling scream. Never mind I've actually heard that sound myself out of someone "relatively" just as cute. I believe you, it does happen, and hopefully it is short lived!

April 28, 2006 6:32 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Gwen is growing up so fast! She's a beautiful little girl!

Can't wait to hear the news about Maddy!

April 28, 2006 8:25 AM  
Blogger Nina said...

Donna, what a gorgeous photo. Gwen looks like such a little girl (not so much a baby) and she's beautiful!

Whatever the other news is, I hope it comes true.

April 28, 2006 8:52 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Great picture of Gwenny - she is so cute. She looks like such a pleasant baby - you're very blessed.

As soon as your good news is confirmed you have to share it with your MSN friends. I'm crossing my fingers for you guys & for Maddy.

Tammy

April 28, 2006 2:14 PM  
Blogger Yoli said...

Oh Donna why did you mention it? Now I am dying to know what it is! Gwenny is beautiful and looks so happy.

Yoli

April 28, 2006 4:31 PM  
Blogger asiangard said...

She is adorable! I can't believe that you took that many pictures! haha

April 29, 2006 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->