Thursday, April 6

Madeline's first care package

Here's the first of Madeline's care packages:



We have at least 5 months before we can travel to get her so I'm going to try to send a package every month. Her birthday is in July and that'll be a BIG package for sure!

Here's what we included in our first package.

  1. A wooden animal puzzle
  2. Some freeze-dried fruit snacks for babies
  3. Some fruit cereal bars for babies
  4. An Elmo (Sesame Street) cell phone that teaches numbers
  5. A photo album with a bunch of pictures of Maddy's new family and home.
  6. A pretty shirt, pants and shorts set.
  7. A bead "snake" to string (Gwen loves this!)
  8. A vtech "Rhyme and Discover Book" that will help Maddy get used to hearing English
  9. A sippy cup like the one she's likely to use here at home.
  10. A kitty that looks like her kitty here at home.
  11. A pair of soft leather shoes, size 6.

We didn't include the list of questions for the Foster Mom since it's going to be a while before we travel and we want the answers to be more current. So that'll come later.

9 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Awesome stuff. I am sure it will give her great joy to get to play with all the goodies!

April 06, 2006 6:25 AM  
Blogger Val said...

Isn't it therapeutic to send care packages?? We just sent one as well. I found your blog through another a-mom...and I just posted the same video you did! Guess it's making its rounds.

We're also waiting...expecting travel in August for our waiting daughter in Jiangxi. It's tough stuff, this waiting. Much harder on my heart than last time (NSN).

April 06, 2006 8:30 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

I'm just so happy for you right now and it must be so wonderful to put together these little packages for Ms. Madeline!! It will be so wonderful when you have both your little girls with you at home!!

Colleen~

April 06, 2006 6:13 PM  
Blogger Eliza2006 said...

Awww, so cute. I wish I could send Eliza a care package.

Tiffany

April 06, 2006 7:33 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

OMG - what a luck girl to have such a great family! Sending my love with all her great new stuff.

Shelley

April 06, 2006 11:01 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Perfect choices!

I just read your below post about Gotcha day and wow, do I relate... at the time I thought Eva was just a very calm baby... now, 17 months later, I know she shuts down when she is under stress... breaks my heart.

April 08, 2006 7:46 AM  
Blogger asiangard said...

Oh! I'm sure they will be so excited to get these! I wonder if they will know what the snacks are? haha I know that my husband has no idea what most american food is!!

April 09, 2006 11:55 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Lucky girl! What a great package you put together!

April 09, 2006 4:59 PM  
Blogger OziMum said...

WOW! Great package. I'm sure with Gwen at home - the time will fly!

April 13, 2006 1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->