Wednesday, April 19

Six Weird Things About Me


Tenley's Mom, Michelle, from The Taming of Tenley tagged me so I'm supposed to tell you six weird things about me. There are so many more to tell but here are the first six that come to mind:

  1. My number one pet peeve is telemarketers. I thought the no-call list would end my misery but it seems companies who you’ve done prior business with are “allowed” to market to you this annoying way. Maybe it’s their special way of saying thanks for your prior business? If I’m not in a hurry to do something else, I love to screw with telemarketers. I’ll say “Uh huh” constantly while they do their shpeil and when they get to the end, I’ll say: “I’m sorry, can you please repeat that” or I’ll pretend to misunderstand that the service they’re so enthusiastically offering isn’t free. Once I actually asked if I could put them on speaker phone so I could have both hands free to finish cutting up the body (I was really in the middle of making a smoothie for my 11 year old son so I put the phone next to the blender and pressed the “puree” button while my son screamed in the background).
    ...
  2. I put a personal ad on the internet in 2000 and got more than 300 replies. Only 1% were potential “keepers”. My husband was one of them and I still pinch myself every day that I’m married to such an amazing man. We exchanged more than 100 email before meeting in person and I never saw his picture until just before that first meeting.
    ...
  3. I was a three month preemie.
    ...
  4. I love black licorice. I keep a bag of Good & Plenty in the car in the summer and let it get hot and soft so I can munch it until I’m driving around in a sugar induced coma.
    ...
  5. My fingernails naturally grow in a French manicure. I don’t know how I got so lucky.
    ...
  6. I hate chain letters because I’m just a little bit superstitious. I resent having to worry about my luck after a friend sends me a joke with a promise that something good will happen if I forward it to 20 of my best friends. So, even though there’s no promise of good (or bad) luck if I don’t tag 6 of my buddies, I’m not gonna do it. I will post it on the MSN Adopting From China forum though!

Okay, I can't just stop at 6 so here are nine more weird things about me:

  1. I was in a Folger's coffee commercial when I was 20.
  2. I love the smell of burnt pumpkins! (they smell like halloween!)
  3. I can put my foot behind my neck.
  4. I was the first female Chinook pilot in Germany.
  5. I love to chew regular aspirin even though it hurts my ears like hell for the first two seconds!
  6. I hate cilantro! I would starve before I'd eat anything containing it.
  7. I can't drink plain water. It has to have a flavor or I just can't swallow it.
  8. I've eaten Cap'n Crunch's Peanut Butter Crunch cereal until the roof of my mouth bled!
  9. I always defend the under-dog. I once jumped from my date's car and chased down a mugger in my 3 inch heels! My date stayed in his car and that was our last date.

10 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

Whenever I get a telemarketer I let them talk to the 2 year old. She loves it!

April 19, 2006 5:08 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Great idea! I'll keep that in mind since Gwen loves "talking" on the phone!

Donna

April 20, 2006 1:37 PM  
Blogger Cora & Mike said...

I LOVE BLACK LICORICE!! It's too funny that I read this post tonight because I just munched through a too-large bag of Good 'n Plenty. :-)

April 20, 2006 4:23 PM  
Blogger Stacey T. said...

I was told that if a telemarketer calls to say "Hold on a minute" then just leave the phone sitting until they hang up, because when you are on the line, they are paying.....

April 21, 2006 5:00 PM  
Blogger M3 said...

Ha! The Cap'n Crunch thing just kills me. I LOVE that stuff. Mmmm, now I'm thinking maybe some cereal for dinner...

April 21, 2006 6:04 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

You can put your foot behind your neck...well that makes my touching my tongue to my nose just seem, well, sad.

Monica
mk

April 21, 2006 6:29 PM  
Blogger glo said...

Another thing you can do with telemarketers when you answer and they say Hello is ......there, say sure just a minute, and then just walk away til they hang up. I figure if they take time from you ringing your phone, you can take time from them by leaving them on hold indefinitely. I love the idea about giving the phone to the 2 year old too....very cute!!!

April 22, 2006 8:47 AM  
Blogger asiangard said...

Oh no! Hate cilantro! How will you servive in China? Haha well you did it once so I guess you'll be fine!
I also am on the do not call list, and get really pd off when people call, I also am really rude, although I have never said hold on while I cut up the body! haha
Maybe next time I will pretend to be really needy and make them stay on the phone for a really long time! haha
Folgers commercial? way too cool!

April 22, 2006 9:31 AM  
Blogger asiangard said...

Oh I have to add that I have also done that with capt. cruch, man that stuff is scratchy! haha

April 22, 2006 9:31 AM  
Blogger Sjoukje said...

Donna, that is awesome! Put your foot in hour neck? Been in a commercial? Can't drink plain water? Have that kind of nails? Oh, there's so much about you of which I didn't have a clue ;-)

I almost wish you did have 'tagged' six other bloggers and done me, it must be fun to think of weird things about yourself. But I'm glad you didn't do it after all because I'm not sure I'd have dared put that out there on my blog. And I'd have a big problem to 'tag' this on since I only know 1 (one) other blogger and it's you, and you have already done it ;-)

Sjoukje
PS Cilantro, is that coriander leaves? How can you not like it? I'll never invite you to dinner ;-))

April 23, 2006 9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->