Tuesday, June 13

In loving memory

14 years ago today, my mother passed away suddenly. She was 53. Michael was 4. I was 30.

I've missed Mom so much. I missed her on her grandson's first day of kindergarten and I'll miss her in two days when he graduates from High School. I missed her when I walked down the aisle into the arms of the man she always dreamed I'd marry. I missed her on Gwen's Gotcha Day and I miss her all the time as Gwen and I share happy mother-daughter moments that remind me of my childhood. I'll miss her on Maddy's Gotcha day too.

I always think about her on her birthday but I don't go out of my way to remember the anniversary of her death because it's such a sad thing. Most of the time, the day passes without catching my attention. But when I do notice it, I think it's only right that I take a moment to honor her memory. It's good to remember the funny, giving, "artsy", loving person who I called "Mom". But it also hurts to think about all the world lost when we lost her.

I'm just glad He lets her visit.

6 Comments:

Blogger Gracencameronsmomy said...

I am sorry, i know how hard that is...

June 14, 2006 9:24 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

You are in my thoughts today.

June 14, 2006 12:11 PM  
Blogger Kimber and Chris said...

This is very beautiful and I love the montage you created of her and your family.
Kimberleyxx

June 14, 2006 4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Donna,
Your Mom has now touched more lives than she ever could have dreamed. Through your post, you have given us a glimpse into her character.

I can't even imagine what my life would be like without my Mom, and I feel for you in your sorrow.
Milinda

June 14, 2006 11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow Becca, I didn't know. I can't stop the tears..my mom is a (various) cancer survivor but struggles every day and reading your post made me appreciate her even more then I already do my mother.

maav

June 15, 2006 7:43 PM  
Blogger asiangard said...

I feel for you not having a mother to share all these moments with.It must be so hard.

June 16, 2006 9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->