Thursday, June 8

Someone dropped some pie?

Before you look at the picture below, there are a few things you should know.
  1. My floor is very clean.
  2. I don't make my child eat off of the floor. She did this of her own free will.
  3. She hasn't eaten anything I've offered her for the last two days. (Obviously, she was holding out for pie crumbs!)
  4. It's all my teenage son's fault. He left the empty "birthday pie" container on the counter where she could reach it and pull it to the floor. Anyone care to guess who got to clean up the mess?

I made this collage with FotoFusion by Lumapix.

She thoroughly enjoyed this.

I confess, I caught her right in the act of licking graham cracker crumbs off the hardwood floor and instead of stopping her, I ran for the camera. Please don't tell my social worker.

I must admit, after watching her spit out every bit of food I've offered for the last 48 hours, it was kinda nice to see her lapping this stuff up!

Gwen's only gained 1/2 pound in the last six months! She's healthy and strong but some days I feel like all I do is try to coerce her into eating. She spits it all out after only one bite. I throw away so much food! But even more tragic is the fact that I tend to eat most of what she rejects so I don't have to throw it away :::whimper:::

13 Comments:

Blogger Stacey T. said...

Excellent!!! I just love kids!! Nothing like trying to coerce a kid to eat every day, just to have them eat the last thing that you think they would!!

June 08, 2006 9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're not a scrapbooker, you definitely have it in you because taking photos like that definitely represent the heart and mind of one. ; )

June 09, 2006 3:16 AM  
Blogger Amy C said...

Oh my isn't Gwen just a little sweet mess... lol She's so beautiful. You know Natalie isn't a good eater either... She 18 mos old and weighs 21# she's also 30 inches tall my sweet petite hell on wheels...lol

can't wait till you bring Maddie home they are going to be fun...

June 09, 2006 4:10 AM  
Blogger Shelley said...

Nice! :) That's funny.

Charlotte's the same picky way. Maddening.

You took down the picture of your handsome son. Did he get after you? :)

When do you move?

Shell

June 09, 2006 6:30 AM  
Blogger LindaJ said...

Braydon would do the same thing with food. My doc said don't look at a toddlers food intake each day, look at the food intake for the week. One day he would pig out and then not eat hardly anything for 2-3 days.

June 09, 2006 7:58 AM  
Blogger Colleen said...

This is so funny! Hey, any way you can eat I say go for it.

June 09, 2006 9:18 AM  
Blogger Jeff's Place said...

WHen we brought home Suzanne her Ped. said that he didn't care how she got milk into her, just that she "Got Milk?" (Sorry!) So we asked him if Ice Cream was okay. He said Yep! So there was our excuse to eat Ice Cream!! WooHoo!!

Syd is just like Gwen! She will eat a lot for a couple of days then hardly anything! I say "Way To Go Gwen!" "Pie...ummmm...Pie!"

June 09, 2006 12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh this is sooo funny...At least she ate the pie - hey she knows the good stuff ("junk food") hahaha.

I hope things get better with the food issue.

maav

June 09, 2006 6:05 PM  
Blogger Gracencameronsmomy said...

That is so cute..I have got to get that photo editing program, you do such cool things with it!
Lisa

June 09, 2006 6:09 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Ya know, you can always buy premade graham cracker pie shells for her to snack on. Or maybe you can just put meals right onto the floor, she might eat it that way. Just kidding.

Cute pictures. I have some of my son eating out of the dog bowl, with the dog eating next to him. I didn't share that one with the SW either. He does have a shiny coat & barks at the UPS truck - Hmmm....

June 10, 2006 6:17 AM  
Blogger Kim M. said...

Okay let me remind you once again....you are in so much trouble when Maddie gets here and Gwen has a partner in crime. LOL

June 12, 2006 6:39 PM  
Blogger asiangard said...

Hahaha I'm laughing so much at this, Gwen knows what she likes! I wish I could say my floors were clean enought to eat off of...unfortunatly they aren't!!!

June 13, 2006 11:06 AM  
Blogger Andie & Scott G. said...

Gwen understands the 5 second rule. 1 second to pull it off the counter and 4 seconds before mom gets here.

My mom has a picture of me when I was 2 years old sitting on top of the dining table eating a frosted chocolate cake with my hands. She said it was about 5 a.m. in the morning and I had somehow "snuck out" of my crib. I was such a monkey. ~Andie

June 17, 2006 10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->