Saturday, May 20

Double Stroller

In anticipation of Madeline's arrival, we purchased a Graco double stroller recently. We shopped all around, and found lots of interesting options, but decided on this one because none of them really seemed just "perfect" and this one actually met most of our needs. It was nice that it was one of the least expensive on the market too!

We bought a Graco single stroller on sale before Gwen's referral and took it to China with the idea that we'd either leave it there or replace it if it got trashed on the trip. But it worked just great and we still use it every day!





Here's what we liked about our new twin stroller:

  1. It can be pushed with one hand. Most other strollers have two handles and must be pushed with two hands (unless you want to go in circles).
  2. If can comfortably be pushed by tall people. You don't feel like you're pushing a toy stroller and you don't kick the back wheels when you walk.
  3. It's "side by side" instead of "front and back". We liked this because our girls will be very close in age and the other type of stroller would inspire fights over who gets to sit in front, etc.
  4. It has a GIANT basket underneath. Most other strollers had pathetic storage. Even the super expensive brands!
  5. It has a place for Mom's Diet Coke and Dad's latte. And extra storage for keys, phone, etc.
  6. The seats are big enough to hold a 5 or 6 year old. I can't stand looking at a 3 or 4 year old in a stroller when their knees are up under their chin (or their feet are dragging on the floor!).
  7. It's a very inexpensive brand so it's less likely to get ripped off when we park it outside a restaurant.

We didn't like:

  1. The color. Boring Navy Blue. I made new seat covers and they reverse to another pattern but, since I'm a moron, I didn't notice that the pattern I so cleverly picked was Japanese characters instead of Chinese. They're probably upside down too. (I think I should stick to Care Bears in the future.)
  2. There's no place for our two little darlings to put their sippy cup and snacks. Mommy got around this problem by purchasing two Fisher-Price Snack Trays and attaching them to the safety arm bar with nylon tie-straps. Works like a charm! But I think they look too bulky so I'll probably try to find something else that works better. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! :)

You might notice that Gwen needs a haircut. I'm trying really hard to resist the temptation to cut her hair. I want it to grow out enough that I can pull it back into a pony tail. I just wish we'd get through this horrible in-between stage quickly! She won't wear hair clips at all. So it's either rubber bands or nothing.

She loves her little baby, Rosie. She made extra sure that she was safely strapped in before we made our way to the park this morning.

3 Comments:

Blogger asiangard said...

I have the same stroller....although it is a much older model and almost at it's end, I have had it for 7 years and it was given to me second hand...but for the time I used it I LOVED it, I would take the kids to the store and fill the bottom with all my groceries, and yes very easy to manuver, even with one hand.
I think I need to buy a new one for my newest babies.

May 20, 2006 4:01 PM  
Blogger The Bainbridge Family said...

Donna. You are so very industrious! New seat cushions and a snak tray? These little girls are going to be traveling in style!

ps I like Gwen's shaggy look :)
Anna

May 20, 2006 7:01 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

I'm glad to hear this, Rhiannon! I used the stroller for the first time today and was shocked that it's actually easier to maneuver than our single size Graco stroller. Gwen really loved it too!

Anna, Gwen's shaggy look is here to stay. It was so cute when it looked like an actual hair style instead of a by-product of overgrowth! But there's no way I'll ever be able to put it in a ponytail if I cave and cut it now. :)

Donna

May 20, 2006 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->