Friday, December 2

Ahhhhhh..... Adoption!


I saw this on Cindy's blog and just had to borrow it.

This 100 year old tortoise has become surrogate mommy to a baby hippo who lost its mommy in the tsunami. What a lovely example of how adoption exists even in the animal world. Just look at that baby.... what a look of contentment! She's smiling!

I'm not 100 (and Gwen's not that chubby!) but I can relate to this picture. You don't have to give birth to your baby to open your arms to her and babies just need a loving mamma's shoulder to rest their precious little cheek on!

Sorry that was so sappy but that picture is Just Too Cute!

3 Comments:

Blogger Family Bits said...

That hippo baby looks like its smiling. What a nice picture. Incredible!

December 03, 2005 12:41 PM  
Blogger Yoli said...

I do love that love that picture, it is so tender and what a lovely statement for adoption. Thanks for sharing.

Yoli

December 03, 2005 1:04 PM  
Blogger Andrea (MaoMaoChong de Mama) said...

My sister sent me the link to a bunch of these pictures--I never thought to blog it!
-Andrea

December 15, 2005 10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->