Saturday, November 12

Two men and a baby


How long to win Gwen's affection?

Mommy = 2 days
Daddy = 2 weeks
Uncle Chris = 2 seconds!!


.....................................................


Every day, Gwen seems to grow more and more secure in our relationship. In the early days, she seemed constantly worried that anyone who picked her up might be trying to take her away from us. Now she's more comfortable with strangers. Not everyone! But some people just seem to immediately hit it off with her. Uncle Chris is one such person.

Uncle Chris (Andrew's brother) came to visit this weekend. It was his first time meeting Gwen but you'd never know it by her! As soon as she saw him, her face lit up and she reached out for him to pick her up. Maybe he looks like Daddy? Whatever the cause, she's really attached to her Uncle Chris and demands his full attention whenever he's within sight. Daddy is a super-favorite too so she's conflicted over which one will hold her. Where does Mommy rank in this? Hmmmm... I think I'm down there with Chopped Liver but that's okay. I got to go shopping ALONE today and Gwen had these two handsome men all to herself for several hours! Gwen was a happy girl -- and so was Mommy!

Here are some other pictures of Gwen and Uncle Chris. In the first one, Gwen is looking at the picture of herself in Uncle Chris's camera. She loves to smile for the camera then look at the result on the back of the camera.

6 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

Hi,

I hope you don't mind my commenting on your blog. I found your blog while attempting to search my name on blogger. I just wanted to see how easily I was accessible to the public. Basically I was goofing around. I found your site that way. My name is Gwendolyn but I am called Gwen. Your daughter is absolutely beautiful. What caught my attention was not just that your daughter's name was the same as mine but that she is adopted. My three children are all adopted. They were adopted domestically but I have always had a special place in my heart Chinese adoptions. I was talking about it with my husband when my son popped into our lives unexpectedly. He was 3 1/2 years old. That was a little over a year ago. So...with three children our family is complete. For some reason I just felt compelled to write to you and say that I felt some connection due to the name and adoptions. Silly isn't it? Thanks for reading! Gwen

November 13, 2005 7:41 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Hi Gwen! Thanks for popping in! If you ever decide for "just one more", maybe China will be your next choice! But it sounds like you have your hands full enough!

Your blog is nice and your house is so pretty! And it looks like you had a ladybug in your house on Halloween too! :)

Donna

November 13, 2005 8:54 AM  
Blogger M3 said...

Wow, you can tell Gwen is thrilled with her uncle. So cool! Rod's nieces and nephews are like that with him too, it's so cute.

November 13, 2005 11:56 AM  
Blogger Jen R. said...

I just want to pick her up and squeeze her and hug her. I swear she has the cutest smile. How old is she now?

Jen

November 13, 2005 1:33 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Gwen is 16.5 months old.

:)

Donna

November 13, 2005 5:43 PM  
Blogger Lissa said...

Okay, the picture with Uncle Chris, Gwen and the camera. I swear if you just made the baby balder and the man had longer hair that could soooooo be Lydia and Russell. She does the exact same thing. Cute Cute Cute. I think it's great she bonded so quickly with U.Chris...what that means is she trusts you and your judgement in people enough to open up quickly to someone you approve of!
Hugs,
Lissa

November 16, 2005 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->